Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: WSOB #4 logistics

WSOB #4 logistics 1 year 6 months ago #20859

• DirtDgr
  • Class 11 King
  • Thank you received: 37
I started a few questions at Racedez because I know lots of people in there race in Mexico. Here is the link-

www.race-dezert.com/forum/threads/code-racing-questions.123158/

But I would love to hear what other Class 11 WSOB racers will be doing.

I have not raced in CODE or Mexico at all. I hate not knowing stuff before. So any information you guys can share on how your crew is going to go about it would be very appreciated.

Just starting the conversation.
www.facebook.com/meekracing1142/
Thank You Lakeport Tire, Rugged Radios, Baja Designs, Sunoco, Two Larry's Racing
www.facebook.com/meekracing1142
The administrator has disabled public write access.

WSOB #4 logistics 1 year 6 months ago #20860

• DaveCo11
  • Class 11 King
  • Thank you received: 76
As I said we are going with 1 truck BUT I have aprox 30 of my good friends from Ensanada and Mexicali going to be there to make sure 1158 makes it to San Felipe. Same ones I use to team with many years ago.. I also have 2 friends planning to race sportsman in 2 different cars just to legally follow us all the way with all my spare parts! You could say we will be pre paired!

WSOB #4 logistics 1 year 6 months ago #20861

• DaveCo11
  • Class 11 King
  • Thank you received: 76
I wrote on race dezert and I will put it here, this race will not be a cake walk, over the last 40 years I have raced on all the areas this may go more than I want to admit but looking at last years race map if this one is like that be prepared for a lot of deep endless sand, SOFT sand around La Vantona area is tough on a class 11 and some of you have not experienced something like this., there is certainly nothing I can see thats changed out there since my last time threw there and if it does not go threw there then you will have about 40 miles of the deepest longest silt beds that are the real deal around Tres Pozos and is a real challenge to get a class 11 threw there. Those are the silt beds I melted 9 fan belts getting threw there at night in my 67.All these areas have been Baja 1000 and 500 race courses countless times and I am sure they are no smoother now lol El Chinero Borrego area is not the super hwy some may wish for lol again a tough area with tons of rocks and nowhere to really go fast but. Leading into El Chinero can be very fun in the washes but by looking at last years map it went back to borrego. If any have herd the name 3 poles its all in the same area as El chinero which really is nothing more than a place the race course use to cross the HWY to run close to the beaches going tword San Felipe but that has not been run in a looong time and most likly will never be used again. It was nothing but cross grain almost all the way to SF but all kinds of buildings like Petes camp all along that area stopped racing there.. Last year they ran the infamus San Felipe woop section which can seam endless but maybe they will run on the othere side by Diablo dry lake with more Silt beds but thats only a maybe as I have no map to look at yet. Or they may run the dreaded Mini Summit with horrible sand leading to it. One Baja 1000 I was in, from Tj to La Paz over 125 cars got stuck there and there is some great pictures of the cars all over stuck floating around out there, it looked like a pop up city with the car I was driving at the very front with a exploded throw out bearing. Dennis Slettin was with me at that one..One thing more you all have seen the class 11s for the most part in the Baja races not going very far or very fast, this race will be in those same areas, many have fallen out in as there is only a couple ways to go from the start to San Felipe and they have been run on for nearly the very beginning when the Baja 500 started going over the summit in the very early 70s, some of the areas have been run to death. Unless you have a mind like a camera it really wont help to pre run as it will be very obvious where to go and making it is the goal. 1 chase truck can cover you for the most part and remember the Mexican teams have very helpfull members and wont hesitate to help you if you stop in need of some kind of help, it wont be like the US races, there will be people dang near everywhere even some out in the deep sand ready to help or in the silt. It can be creepy at times lol you come to a stop in absolute nowhere you see zero cars or people and out walks some one ready to help. Happened to me many times. Look forward to racing threw there again.
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by DaveCo11.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Weasel, Mr. Bill
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds