Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Clarifying Class 11 rules

Clarifying Class 11 rules 3 years 1 week ago #19704

• Music Guy123
  • Wannabe
Hi guys,

Looking into building a class 11, the problem is I am in the UK, so things are a little different! I am looking at the SNORE class 11 rules and right at the top under Stock Bug it reads:
OPEN WHEEL – STOCK VW SEDANS
MUST BE A STOCK VW SEDAN AS DELIVERED IN THE U.S.A.

Well, that means I guess that it has to have the same specs as a bug delivered the USA? So firstly, is RHD allowed?

Secondly, take a standard 1970 beetle, in the US it was IRS rear and Ball Joint front, in the UK it was Swing axle rear, ball joint front. We never had IRS rear except in the supers and the automatics (which are like rocking horse poo!). So by reading the above rules, would that mean a stock 197x beetle from the UK which is SA rear and Ball joint front be legal? Would I be allowed to convert the rear to IRS, which would be inkeeping with the US spec and is a fairly common conversion over here.

Although I realise it later states under 'Chassis and Body':
The vehicle must retain full chassis and body with no modifications
allowed.

What do you guys suggest I do? I could try for an earlier (pre-1966 bug but they're expensive and not that easy to get hold of in the state that could be converted to a class 11).

Thanks, hope you guys can provide advice, all the best.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Clarifying Class 11 rules 3 years 1 week ago #19705

• DirtDgr
  • Class 11 King
  • Thank you received: 37
Are you planning to race in the US? If yes I would contact the person in charge at the promoting group you will be racing. I would think it would be up to them to make that decision.

That's a tough question!
www.facebook.com/meekracing1142/
Thank You Lakeport Tire, Rugged Radios, Baja Designs, Sunoco, Two Larry's Racing
www.facebook.com/meekracing1142

Clarifying Class 11 rules 3 years 1 week ago #19707

• Oldschool5er
  • Wannabe
  • Class 11 wins 1976 Baja International, Parker 400
  • Thank you received: 4
I have been wondering the same thing myself about what your plans are. If you and some of the other guys in Europe are planing on conforming to class 11 rules used over here is it because you plan on building class11 legal cars that you are shipping over here? or are you just using the rules from here as reference points but not going to race here. If that is the case I would think you would want to use your cars to develop improvements to the weak links, since you wouldn't be bound to some of the tighter restrictions used by class11 rules here.

Clarifying Class 11 rules 3 years 1 week ago #19708

• Music Guy123
  • Wannabe
Hi, thanks for replying, much appreciated :)

My dream is to race and complete the BAJA 500 (bit of a wild dream I know but. My plans currently are to research and then build a class 11 over several years, there is no rush. Then I plan on racing it in Europe so i can gain enough experience to know the car and the whole sport of rallying (wil probs take another several years). Then complete my trip of a lifetime, ship my car out to the US, get it to Mexico and try to complete the 500. My intro thread is here: class11coalition.com/forum/511-introduct...y-a-bit-of-a-dreamer

Anyways, now you have figured my aims, my idea was to build a class 11 which would comply with SNORE/SCORE rules, at least that way I'd get it correct from the beginning. If they dissalow the use of Eurpoean cars in SCORE races, then I'm going to have to give up building a car that I could race in the 500, importing a US car is just too expensive and complicated unfortunately.

So, do you suggest I contact maybe SCORE and see what they say on this matter? Then they can make the decision? If this is a good idea, who do you suggest I contact at SCORE, obviously I can't ring them (would cost a small fortune!).

Cheers everyone, hope you can continue to help, all the best.

Clarifying Class 11 rules 3 years 1 week ago #19709

• DirtDgr
  • Class 11 King
  • Thank you received: 37
So were talking six or seven years down the road.

I would email SCORE score-international.com/contact-us/

Ask them what you asked above. Get an answer in writing so you have proof. Might have to bug the heck out of them to get an answer though. Took me from November to now just to get my rule book!
www.facebook.com/meekracing1142/
Thank You Lakeport Tire, Rugged Radios, Baja Designs, Sunoco, Two Larry's Racing
www.facebook.com/meekracing1142

Clarifying Class 11 rules 3 years 1 week ago #19711

• Music Guy123
  • Wannabe
Cheers, could you quickly help me here.

Am currently preparing a message to send to SCORE, however, I don't actually have their rulebook, is it completely identical to SNORE's? I.e. do the phrases I have quoted in the 1st post appear in the SCORE rulebook? Or should I just leave all quotes out of it and just ask them by general meaning?

Thanks, hope someone can help me quickly here!

All the best,

Music Guy
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds