Possibly a European rally for us Europeans??

More
3 years 2 hours ago - 3 years 2 hours ago #19762 by Music Guy123
Music Guy123 created the topic: Possibly a European rally for us Europeans??
Hi,

As some of you guys probably know, I'm desperate to start building a Class 11 bug. The problem is I'm in the UK and we don't have all the desert racing that America does. I've been pointed towards a couple of rallies, but found this one. It's called the Breslau rally, do you think its doable?

I'm still struggling to understand it but I think there are two types, the cross country class (which is probably more suitable for a bug) and the Extreme class (which seems like heavy duty winching, water crossings etc...not suitable). Breslau is supposed to be for amateurs but I have a feeling that's only for the Extreme class, the cross country class seems to require FIA standards. Do you think it's a possibility we could join it and have some fun...the video seems pretty cool!

I was originally going to build to SCORE standards...but if I built towards FIA standards, might mean I can take part. Are FIA standards harder than SCORE and where could I get the rulebook?

Has anyone ever looked into Breslau? Would they accept 2WD vehicles? I know there are a couple of German's on this forum so that's why I'm asking ;)

Anyway, look forward to hearing from anyone :D. All the best.

Edit: not sure about the FIA bits actually, if anyone can tell me what the tech requirements are would be most interested and appreciated!
Last Edit: 3 years 2 hours ago by Music Guy123.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #19763 by Weasel
Weasel replied the topic: Possibly a European rally for us Europeans??
I am sure that FIA standards are stricter. You can get a close copy of SCORE's rules at SNORE racing.net under Stock Bug. Slight variations in engine is about it.
Great Video!

More
2 years 11 months ago #19764 by Music Guy123
Music Guy123 replied the topic: Possibly a European rally for us Europeans??
I have a feeling actually I was wrong in saying the FIA standards bit. I don't even think you need a race licence!

It's not very clear what the exact technical requirements are but this is all I can find:

Page 12, number 7

www.rallye-breslau.com/Documents/2014/Ra...slau_Poland_2014.pdf

The Regulations thing that they claim has more info really has no more detail for the tech requirements except they state that each vehicle must go through scruitineering (which is obvious lol!). Seems like quite an easy tech wise to get into. I wonder if they will accept bugs racing though. Need to get Forcierer and Michael to have a look, they're in Germany so probs have heard about it!

As for rule book, I've already got the SNORE/SCORE book, was asking about the FIA book :).

Hmm...nice to see I might have a couple of opportunities in Europe :D!

All the best to everyone.

More
2 years 11 months ago #19765 by Forcierer
Forcierer replied the topic: Possibly a European rally for us Europeans??
Michael and me did the Breslau in 2008. The CC you can easily go with a bug if you just want to race. But with no chance for a good result. Regulations are not hard to make. Most of it is cage, seatbelts, seat, ... and working brakes no oil leaks,... so if you make it Score legal it should also work for the Breslau. But with a bug I would prefer the "Baja 300 Germany". This year there was a lot of rain but if it is dry, it should be perfekt for a bug.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds