Body Lift???

More
2 years 6 months ago #19908 by CCCLASS11
CCCLASS11 created the topic: Body Lift???
My son and I are thinking of building a Class 11 but we have a problem. My son is 6'5". We can move the seat back far enough so his knees are not in his chest. Short of cutting a hole in the roof :woohoo: .... he is 5" to tall for a stock bug. What do any of you think the ruling might be on one of those 3" body lifts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #19909 by DirtDgr
DirtDgr replied the topic: Body Lift???

CCCLASS11 wrote: My son and I are thinking of building a Class 11 but we have a problem. My son is 6'5". We can move the seat back far enough so his knees are not in his chest. Short of cutting a hole in the roof :woohoo: .... he is 5" to tall for a stock bug. What do any of you think the ruling might be on one of those 3" body lifts?

Not allowed.

When you replace your seats with race seats, just find the lowest ones you can and drop it as close to the pan as you dare! There are guys that race Class 11 that are that tall out there. But lifting the body is against the rules. Also the helmet will ad a couple inches.

There are four class 11's for sale in here: www.race-dezert.com/classifieds/index.php?ct=orrace&

Buy one and go race! Learn the ropes. Then build your own.

Good luck!

www.facebook.com/meekracing1142/
Thank You Lakeport Tire, Rugged Radios, Baja Designs, Sunoco, Two Larry's Racing
www.facebook.com/meekracing1142
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by DirtDgr.

More
2 years 6 months ago #19910 by CCCLASS11
CCCLASS11 replied the topic: Body Lift???
Would you know a couple of mfg's that have compact frames for lower mounting? I already looked on a couple of their sites
I found only one that had drawings with measurements. Since I have only found one so far... I can't compare it to anything. Another problem is mounting it on a HD track so I can reach the pedals. Thx for the reply.

• Uncle Ed 1189
  • Class 11 King
  • Class 11 King
  • Chip's Idol
More
2 years 6 months ago #19912 by Uncle Ed 1189
Uncle Ed 1189 replied the topic: Body Lift???
I'm 6'3" and fit just fine. A race seat will drop your son down where he needs to be.

Haley's dad and future sponsor.

mahoneytorresracing.com

More
2 years 6 months ago #19913 by ronjon
ronjon replied the topic: Body Lift???
One of our drivers was about 6' 5" and he fabbed an extension to the steering wheel so his knees would fit behind it. We also had to modify the roll cage by curving a tube over the steering column which we patented as the "Hartl Bend".

2011 - VORRA Class Champions. 2012 - First loser.
http://www.desertdingo.com

More
2 years 6 months ago #19916 by DirtDgr
DirtDgr replied the topic: Body Lift???
class11coalition.com/forum/505-body-tech...imitstart=0&start=18

Here is a thread on what I did for sliders and there is some links to other options.

www.facebook.com/meekracing1142/
Thank You Lakeport Tire, Rugged Radios, Baja Designs, Sunoco, Two Larry's Racing
www.facebook.com/meekracing1142

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds