Rear fenders

More
1 year 11 months ago #20408 by dirtslinger
dirtslinger created the topic: Rear fenders
Do you guys do any prep to your rear fenders? Our new car has the 1/4" rod and lips rolled in the all of the front fenders, but nothing in the rear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #20410 by Weasel
Weasel replied the topic: Rear fenders
We always just pounded the lip flat and called it good. They don't last all that long anyway.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fubarracing

More
1 year 11 months ago #20412 by porboy
porboy replied the topic: Rear fenders
When you pound the lip flat it takes away all the rigidity of the fender and makes them extremely prone to cracking. We made the mistake of doing this when we first built the car and were always chasing cracks and wobbly fenders. When we replaced them we left the lip alone and the fenders have lasted hundreds and hundreds of miles now. The rod in the front is a good mod as long as you keep the rolled edge intact.

<strong>Jason Gutzmer
#1130</strong>

More
1 year 11 months ago #20413 by wanadune
wanadune replied the topic: Rear fenders
I would not bring the good fenders to the short course race. Never know what will happen there.

Jeremy Altman

More
1 year 10 months ago #20490 by EnseNADAslim
EnseNADAslim replied the topic: Rear fenders
I only roll the Fronts. I've never had and issue with the rears.

More
1 year 9 months ago #20649 by chip
chip replied the topic: Rear fenders

porboy wrote: When you pound the lip flat it takes away all the rigidity of the fender and makes them extremely prone to cracking. We made the mistake of doing this when we first built the car and were always chasing cracks and wobbly fenders. When we replaced them we left the lip alone and the fenders have lasted hundreds and hundreds of miles now. The rod in the front is a good mod as long as you keep the rolled edge intact.

X2

1189 + 2 = 1191

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds