Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rear Skid plate/bumper

Rear Skid plate/bumper 1 year 9 months ago #20525

• dirtslinger
  • Pit Gopher
  • Thank you received: 5

We just recently bought Collin Wileys 11 car and had a question about the legality of the rear skid plate and bumper.

This is completely bolted in and not welded to the pan or body, so it kind of seems like a grey area, but thought I would throw it out there.

Is this legal?

How do most of you guys have your skid plates designed/built. I'm assuming you're running tubes from the outer mounting holes on the rear motor mount, where the extra holes are outside of the holes for the frame horns, just like ours. But when you run those tubes back towards the rear bumper, where do they end or how are they supported at the very rear of the car?

Not the best pictures, but hopefully you can make it out.
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by dirtslinger.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Rear Skid plate/bumper 1 year 9 months ago #20530

• DirtDgr
  • Class 11 King
  • Thank you received: 37
Looks legal to me. I think the only real rule on that is you have to run the stock bumper and you cant build the skid plate or anything above the top of the bumper.

Our car doesn't have any tubes, just a big ol norcal style skid plate.

www.facebook.com/meekracing1142/
Thank You Lakeport Tire, Rugged Radios, Baja Designs, Sunoco, Two Larry's Racing
www.facebook.com/meekracing1142
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by DirtDgr.

Rear Skid plate/bumper 1 year 9 months ago #20532

• dirtslinger
  • Pit Gopher

I lightened up the picture after looking at how dark the ones I posted were

Rear Skid plate/bumper 1 year 9 months ago #20536

• DaveCo11
  • Class 11 King
  • Thank you received: 76
This is class 11, not class 5, brush guard as explained to me when it was allowed to do it was on the inside of the bumper. Yes I see cars like that but a simple protest would eliminate there hard work if they were to win. That is not a brush guard but a 2nd bumper, nowhere does it say 2nd bumper allowed in the rule book. Rear deck lid does not go to that model car either.
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by DaveCo11.

Rear Skid plate/bumper 1 year 9 months ago #20537

• dirtslinger
  • Pit Gopher
We are aware of the decklid, just haven't had time to get a replacement, the car is a 70 so it needs the two vent decklid. We'll get to the bumper at some point, we'd like to be completely legal, but this is how we bought the car, so we're gonna run it for this Sept race and then get it all legal for next year. I seriously doubt we are going to win.

Rear Skid plate/bumper 1 year 9 months ago #20538

• HSD MORGAN
  • Wannabe
  • Thank you received: 1
From what I here class 11 is a pretty tight group. Why would anyone wait until someone won to protest if there was something illegal on the car? Especially if it's something obvious like a bumper, You would think somebody would give a heads up on the issue before it ever got to that point. Like pointing out the deck lid being illegal right now. Thanks for that by the way. Hopefully when we finally get around other guys in the class they can point out all the rights & wrongs about the car before we take all the money next year. LOL :P
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds