Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Baja 1000 Peninsula run

Baja 1000 Peninsula run 5 years 4 months ago #16706

• paulfrenchy
  • Co-Dog
  • Vive la France!
  • Thank you received: 2
What spare parts to you usually bring in your car for the Baja 1000 peninsula run?
PF
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Baja 1000 Peninsula run 5 years 4 months ago #16717

• M.E.A.D. Racing
  • Class 11 King
  • Chuck Mead
  • Thank you received: 13
sign up a prerun race car or truck in the sportsman class with four seats and tool boxes wand have it follow you !
that sound familiar
Chuck Mead
M.E.A.D. Racing

619-520-8970

Re: Baja 1000 Peninsula run 5 years 4 months ago #16755

• ronjon
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 21
paulfrenchy wrote:
What spare parts to you usually bring in your car for the Baja 1000 peninsula run?

All of them.
2011 - VORRA Class Champions. 2012 - First loser.
http://www.desertdingo.com

Re: Baja 1000 Peninsula run 5 years 4 months ago #16758

• paulfrenchy
  • Co-Dog
  • Vive la France!
  • Thank you received: 2
how is 16?
PF

Re: Baja 1000 Peninsula run 3 years 5 months ago #19336

• DaveCo11
  • Class 11 King
  • Thank you received: 76
at least 10 fan belts, a alt pulley, 3 pulley key ways 3 alternator light bulbs the alt will not charge with out it, a pulley bolt and washer for the bottom, 4 rocker studs, a complete rocker with a valve cover and 2 gaskets,,,4 pushrods, 4 push rod tubes with seals, for a irs car spare stub axle, spare wheel barrings and spacers cv axle ready to bolt on, spare ball joints with tools to change them tie rods and ends ready to bolt on, a swing axle I carry a spare drumb for the rear as well as a backing plate for the front and for the rear, wheel cylinders 2, 2 brake shoes with adjusters and springs, a front and rear brake lines, a welded off brake line , I carry a timed distributer ready to drop in, a set of spark plugs and wires as well as 2 caps, 2 rotors a extra coil and coil wire, 2 extra elec ignitions not including the complete distributer. I also carry a spare master cylinder, a clutch hook for the clutch cable fuel line, fuel filters a oil filter and lines as well as a piece to bypass a broken oil cooler, extra set of lug nuts., 2 sets of front wheel barrings and spindle nuts and 2 dust caps, 4 barrel nuts for the throttle cable, 2 clutch cables, 2 throttle cables 2 axle nuts with cotter keys, I carry a extra shifter and a complete shift coupler Sounds like a bunch of stuff doesnt it.?needs a trailer to haul it all rite? Almost all of it fits in a small back pack that I throw behind the seat. You lose anything I mentioned on my list your Baja 1000 is over if you dont have one of many things that most do not think about untill it is needed.and 90 percent dont have what they need. I race hard from start to finish, I dont want to limp along, I fix it and race on. in the 2005 Baja 1000 I lost 9 fan belts in less than 35 miles. I have won Baja 1000s because I had these things with me!

Re: Baja 1000 Peninsula run 3 years 5 months ago #19339

• M.E.A.D. Racing
  • Class 11 King
  • Chuck Mead
  • Thank you received: 13
Dave,
There are several of us still trying to get this right on front ball joint replacement in the field.
I broke a ball joint prerunning my class 9 car in baja and luckily was able to drive with 3 wheels back to camp.
Since then I replace them ever 2 races
All the tools I have found to change a balljoint in the field almost weigh as much as carrying a complete set of all (4) front trailing arms with new ball joints in them.
I can change balljoints quick in the garage with a press but what tool are you using to change the front ball joints in the field?
The Ball Joint Service Kit For 2WD And 4WD Vehicles from harbor freight does not work either or operator error lol
Chuck Mead
M.E.A.D. Racing

619-520-8970
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds