Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Baja 1000,,,Anyone Can Do It!

Baja 1000,,,Anyone Can Do It! 1 year 9 months ago #20480

• EnseNADAslim
  • Co-Dog
  • Thank you received: 9
Hummm,,,this popped up on Race-Dezert,,,

"David Hendrickson commented on Federico Montes Shop Tour.

in response to kleezy:

This year, we decided to cover some shops and race vehicles on the other side of the border. Earlier this year, we stopped by Federico Montes’ Shop in Ensenada, BC. They specialize in race engines and transmissions.This year is the 25th anniversary of the Montes Shop. This is one of the first Mexican shops specializing in race engines and transmisions for […]

That is a insult to the class 11 races that have finished the Baja 1000, Hollenbeck finished after timer ran out which means DNF Anyone can do that, finish in the time allowance if you want respect for a Baja 1000 finish"

Alrighty then... ;) Just trying to give Federico Montes a little love there Dave.

Race-Dezert
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by EnseNADAslim.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Baja 1000,,,Anyone Can Do It! 1 year 9 months ago #20484

• DaveCo11
  • Class 11 King
  • Thank you received: 76
I call it as I see it, close is not a finish in a Baja 1000. I have won 9 Baja 1000s, no not all in class 11, and finished every one we won. Leaving the part out that you didnt make it in time bothers me as well as the many who have proven they can finish the Baja 1000 in a class 11 car. I wanted you to make it watching you the entire way and was bummed when you DID NOT make it in time. It was wrong for score to give you any kind of finish pin because you did not finish! As I said anyone can keep going and make after time runs out it but with a generous time limit you missed it. Hope you make it next time! I have a lot of respect for Federico Montes, he deserves recognition for sure
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by DaveCo11.

Baja 1000,,,Anyone Can Do It! 1 year 9 months ago #20488

• EnseNADAslim
  • Co-Dog
First,,,If you indeed had any respect for Federico you would have bit your tongue and posted a separate thread,,,I would have respected that. We did not look for anything, or ask for anything from any body, or even protest like some said we should have We did not expect to even find anyone there at the finish line. We did not even go to the awards ceremony. as we did not feel it was our place.
I've edited out my little rant, so I'll just finish by saying,,,
We know what we did, and we clearly know what we did not do. There are those, and many, that simply wanted just one more mile, they wanted to clear just one more check point, or they just wanted to make it to La Paz. I would have Love to have shared that finish with good friends Andy, or Jim and Crusty and all the Dingos and have sat at a table eating tacos and sharing a cold one.
While some,,,or someone might not have any respect, I know that there are those that did. We raced for the little hands on our car and to hand them a Baja 1000 flag,,,man, that was over the top. We were going to make it to that finish line,,,even if it meant getting to a finish line that no longer existed.
If any of you are ever here in Ensenada,,,look us up. Tacos and a cold on on me,,,yes,,,,Even you David :kiss:
"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever."
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by EnseNADAslim. Reason: done ranting

Baja 1000,,,Anyone Can Do It! 1 year 9 months ago #20503

• 3 Amigos
  • Driver Of Record
  • Thank you received: 16
That was an epic and inspiring run for sure. 1121 and other recent teams have made the class visible and would even say Saved the class in SCORE Baja races with their enthusiasm and media coverage. Drive it in no matter what is admirable and hard core.

I think SCORE intention was right but may have chosen the wrong tool to recognize the effort.
Jeepspeed #1797 and Stock Bug #1129
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by 3 Amigos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EnseNADAslim

Baja 1000,,,Anyone Can Do It! 1 year 9 months ago #20507

• EnseNADAslim
  • Co-Dog
DaveCo11 wrote:
I have won 9 Baja 1000s, no not all in class 11, and finished every one we won. Leaving the part out that you didnt make it in time bothers me as well as the many who have proven they can finish the Baja 1000 in a class 11 car.

David,,,uhhh you might want to look at this...
Baja 1000, 1984, Class 11, Ensenada to Ensenada, 727 miles,,,oh and BTW,, congradulations
But uhhhh that is all that shows up :ohmy: And I left something out?
A ll - Time SCORE Baja 1000 Yearly Pro Class Champions

ANDY!!! (Eric Solorzano) You are the Champ,,,Dang,, Awesome and it was an honor to drive your Red Swing axle in my first Baja 1000 in 2013

We're getting ready for the 2015 Baja 1000,,,I'll cya all there!! :)

Baja 1000,,,Anyone Can Do It! 1 year 9 months ago #20509

• EnseNADAslim
  • Co-Dog
Thank you 3 Amigos,,,very much appreciated. Sorry you also have to read the rants between us,,,but could also be entertaining--lol.
I think there were many emotions caught in the moment. Roger Norman even waited for us, delayed the ceremony... We really did not expect anything, I was just happy to see my Team, my wife and Daughter there waiting for us. They gave us a Flag, but it was for the Kids at Casa Esperanza,,,as well the Champagne, but I was thirsty. The Medalians were nice and Roger clearly told me that these were not for a "win" but to say "hell of a run". He just tried to do something to recognize how close we came. Funny now DavCo says it bothered him,,,He has no idea how it feels to come THAT close to winning the second longest Baja 1000 in history,,,Not a good feeling, and it still keeps me up at night playing the last 10 miles of that race over and over again.
So again, I appreciate the support. Now,,,I have another posting for my good friend David--lol!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds