Spam Bots help and notify (09 May 2018)

Notice of recent new slug of bot memberships beware and contact info

Class 11 for sale on RDC

More
4 years 11 months ago #19107 by DirtDgr
DirtDgr created the topic: Class 11 for sale on RDC

www.facebook.com/meekracing1142/
Thank You Lakeport Tire, Rugged Radios, Baja Designs, Sunoco, Two Larry's Racing
www.facebook.com/meekracing1142

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #19109 by ronjon
ronjon replied the topic: Re: Class 11 for sale on RDC
A tad pricey.

2011 - VORRA Class Champions. 2012 - First loser.
http://www.desertdingo.com

More
4 years 11 months ago #19110 by DirtDgr
DirtDgr replied the topic: Re: Class 11 for sale on RDC
Just as tad!

I guess if the trans was fresh 0 mile rebuild by the best, and motor was 0 mile total rebuild by the best and shocks fresh 0 mile rebuild.

Thank You Lakeport Tire, Rugged Radios, Baja Designs, Sunoco, Two Larry's Racing

More
4 years 11 months ago #19115 by michaelbrenner
michaelbrenner replied the topic: Re: Class 11 for sale on RDC
1179 for sale, only $15K!

2013 & 2017 SNORE Stock Bug Champs

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #19116 by Mr. Bill
Mr. Bill replied the topic: Re: Class 11 for sale on RDC

are THESE bead-locks on this car...OR...lip of wheel painted different color with screws to hold bead to rim of wheel ???

If they ARE bead-locks...ARE they "legal"..???

inquiring mind, you know.... :-)

"MR BILL" "OldManx"
DosPerrosMotorsports
Orange, CA.
'72 Class 11/Stock Bug

"......Out here on the perimeter there are no stars
Out here we is stoned - immaculate. ....."

www.facebook.com/groups/DosPerrosMotorsports/
www.alrchapter132.org
www.DAV.org
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Mr. Bill.

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #19117 by gimp1984
gimp1984 replied the topic: Re: Class 11 for sale on RDC
painted and screw's it looks (trust me as a old BFG crew dog i have to deal lots with bead locks). plus i'm not shure screws are a very good idea on a tire that will get lots of side wall stress.

fat old guy who should know better
1977 SNORE HDRA class 11a champion (siwing arm pogo stick with baja bug
kit )
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by gimp1984.

More
4 years 11 months ago #19129 by elburro
elburro replied the topic: Re: Class 11 for sale on RDC
As one who is just finishing(slowly) a build, the cost is still cheaper for this one than to build your own especially if it is your first .Mistakes refinements and do-overs are expensive. Also building might "seem" cheaper but how many of us count our time and those daily runs for 20$ here and there at the hardware store. Just sayin. Good luck with the sale.
El Burro

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #19131 by Mr. Bill
Mr. Bill replied the topic: Re: Class 11 for sale on RDC
One benefit of "building" your car is that you know what-is-what & where it is. I am personally "intimate" with EVERY nut, bolt, screw, wire & what-have-you in my car. As a retired professional auto tech. of 40 years, ( VW's since I was 14 years old, NOW 64 )
I am totally responsible for ALL work done on my car ! IF something goes "bad" I know WHO is to blame...ME !!! I know that not "all" of us are this inclined, BUT this system works for ME, on ALL my vehicles, both ON-&-OFF-ROAD... :whistle: :whistle:

"MR BILL" "OldManx"
DosPerrosMotorsports
Orange, CA.
'72 Class 11/Stock Bug

"......Out here on the perimeter there are no stars
Out here we is stoned - immaculate. ....."

www.facebook.com/groups/DosPerrosMotorsports/
www.alrchapter132.org
www.DAV.org
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Mr. Bill.

More
4 years 11 months ago #19132 by DirtDgr

OldManx wrote: One benefit of "building" your car is that you know what-is-what & where it is. I am personally "intimate" with EVERY nut, bolt, screw, wire & what-have-you in my car. As a retired professional auto tech. of 40 years, I am totally responsible for ALL work done on my car ! IF something goes "bad" I know WHO is to blame...ME !!! I know that not "all" of us are this inclined, BUT this system works for ME, on ALL my vehicles, both ON-&-OFF-ROAD... :whistle: :whistle:

Very true!

But in class 11 racing, I have learned you will become intimate with almost every part soon enough even if you buy. You will add your own improvements and touches as well.

I am very glad I bought a car first. I still want to build one though.

I paid one-third of what this one is and went racing.

Not saying its not worth it though. Very nice car.

More
4 years 11 months ago #19133 by Weasel
Weasel replied the topic: Re: Class 11 for sale on RDC
NO bead locks are legal. Screws OK. Looks cool to me. A bit of challenge for the tire shop!

More
4 years 11 months ago #19134 by M.E.A.D. Racing
M.E.A.D. Racing replied the topic: Re: Class 11 for sale on RDC
There are a lot of hard work and long hours not accounted for on the class 11 cars for sale.
If the car is a complete race car, the body not all beat up with no old makeshift items on it, if you include all the labor, travel time, shipping of parts, materials, machine work, It should be worth over $17,000. No one should be selling a complete race car for less than $15,000.

Chuck Mead
M.E.A.D. Racing

619-520-8970

More
4 years 11 months ago #19135 by ronjon
ronjon replied the topic: Re: Class 11 for sale on RDC

M.E.A.D. Racing wrote: It should be worth over $17,000. No one should be selling a complete race car for less than $15,000.

What it's worth in the eye of the owner and what it will sell for can be two radically different prices. I recall this one has been on the market for at least what? Six months?

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #19136 by DirtDgr

M.E.A.D. Racing wrote: There are a lot of hard work and long hours not accounted for on the class 11 cars for sale.
If the car is a complete race car, the body not all beat up with no old makeshift items on it, if you include all the labor, travel time, shipping of parts, materials, machine work, It should be worth over $17,000. No one should be selling a complete race car for less than $15,000.

I think if that was the case you could kiss this class goodbye.

That just doesn't work. That would mean I could sell my vintage dirt bikes for thousands more than they actually go for. You are lucky to get what you paid in parts back. Your labor is just labor of love pretty much.

I've got hundreds of hours just keeping mine going. My car is not worth more because of it.

Now if your paying a professional shop to build you a "new" one with zero race miles I could see getting your labor paid for.

Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by DirtDgr.

More
4 years 11 months ago #19137 by Oldschool5er
Oldschool5er replied the topic: Class 11 for sale on RDC
I think the class was originally started so your everyday mechanic wanna be racer had a chance to go compete safely at a much lower cost than anything else. I think the class is still unique and exceptional in off road racing, still made for the guys who either just enjoy the racing of a original style bug or the guys wanting to start out seeing what it is all about and going on to other classes. Hopefully the guys who just enjoy the dynamics of the class will keep it going at a time it is getting harder and harder to get good quality original parts. If you are a compentant mechanic and have experiance in all aspects of engine,transmission, fabrication, welding, innovation etc etc etc then there is nothing better than building it all yourself going out racing it and even better winning. Nothing compares to that. On the other hand If you have to farm everything out because you are not that experianced... than purchasing a USED class11 that has a little racing history might make sense even at $18K. If you build your own you still have the ability to by parts at a lot less than new cost IF you know what your buying and the quality on the used classified ads. You want to stop being a bench racer and go prove to yourself your creds as a experianced mechanic go build yourself one from the ground up, if your just a damn good driver and have limited mechanical skills, have money to burn, get your friends together for a all volunteer team and buy a used racer and get to it. I am building a class 11 for a guy now for baja racing next year, he has the driving ability (maybe) has some financial resources but limited mechanical but I am still having to donate quite a bit just to see him get there with a small underdog team so it is not easy no matter what you do. BTW having mechanical skills is subjective you really need to have been VW wrenching for a long time if you stand a chance even as a underdog with no sponsorship.

More
4 years 11 months ago #19138 by ronjon
ronjon replied the topic: Class 11 for sale on RDC
I'm just in it for the fat stacks of prize money.

More
4 years 11 months ago #19140 by M.E.A.D. Racing
M.E.A.D. Racing replied the topic: Class 11 for sale on RDC
Ronjon you always find a way to make me laugh! - lol!

Chuck Mead
M.E.A.D. Racing

619-520-8970

More
4 years 9 months ago #19200 by paulfrenchy
paulfrenchy replied the topic: Re: Class 11 for sale on RDC
Last year at the 1000 we had to change and put tubes in 5 of Eric's tires. He had left the rims sitting in his yard, and the screw were rusted and broke, and basically made it a nightmare to get the tire off and on without damaging the tire, tube, or tool.
Goodluck to those who try, the only thing is that his screws were like sheet metal screw about 1/2" long

PF

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #19221 by ACME
ACME replied the topic: Re: Class 11 for sale on RDC

M.E.A.D. Racing wrote: There are a lot of hard work and long hours not accounted for on the class 11 cars for sale.

Jimmy T from the Class 9 coalition has a complete Wicked built 11 car with a SCORE tag he'll let go for a lot less than $15k with a fesh Jimenz motor/DFT IRS trans/Sillycock Beam/Kings/Race Radio-int... He also has a Wicked SCORE legal caged IRS pan/body and enough parts to make it a roller + FS: call or txt him at 760 600-4696 FYI He also has Dave Bolles $25K SS 9 car build w/o a motor he may wheel and deal on as well as he likes his Lothringer better.

Regardless your right on the cost it takes to build a good car in any class but the market sucks so there are some decent deals out there if one looks...
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by ACME.

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds