Spam Bots help and notify (09 May 2018)

Notice of recent new slug of bot memberships beware and contact info

Which cam

More
8 years 5 months ago #12125 by L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf created the topic: Which cam
I know this is a question with no simple answer but . . .
What should we be looking for in cam specs? Any brand recommendations would be good too.

We are trying to planning out a good motor for our 11. Probably around 11:1 CR.

I would guess that the carb is the biggest limiter on 11 engines. BTW, roughly what RPM do y'all use as a shift point?

Thanks,
L

Amonster Motorsports
Class 11 # 1196 - Sponsored by:
- www.356carburetorrescue.com/home.html
- BarnWerks Fabrication & Welding
- ArtSpeed Graphics

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #12127 by DaveCo11
DaveCo11 replied the topic: Re: Which cam
A lot will give you Bs info when it comes to there shift points, most will not come close to what they claim. When it comes to cams, to each his own, mine is good for me, but the huge majority would fall on there face with it because most will never use the full potential of the RPMs my motor produces or come close to the full potential of there cars which they would have to do all day long to use my cam. Not a dig on anyone, just the way it is, most lug there cars along mile after mile being luckey if they go over 4000RPM
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by DaveCo11.

More
8 years 5 months ago #12134 by michaelbrenner
michaelbrenner replied the topic: Re:Which cam
I think the ELF car had a pretty reasonable powerband, They used 11:1 and a FAT FC411 (class 9) cam.

If you can drive it right you can get a bit more but you need some more compression to go with the bigger cam. I think the FC415 would work well with at least 12:1. You gotta rev it and get some!

2013 & 2017 SNORE Stock Bug Champs

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds