Spam Bots help and notify (09 May 2018)

Notice of recent new slug of bot memberships beware and contact info

Oil Squirters

More
6 years 9 months ago #16637 by porboy
porboy replied the topic: Re: Oil Squirters
Chuck,

I am heading to Baja in the morning. I will give you a call when I get back.

<strong>Jason Gutzmer
#1130</strong>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #16643 by IDB Racing Engines
IDB Racing Engines replied the topic: Re: Oil Squirters
I disagree with these guys about the rev motors. Its a class 11 and with tall gears and tall tires you want to get it out of the hole as fast as you can, you'll get the top end out of the gears. When you run these big rpm motors you break axles and trannys trying to keep that thing revved up. You want torque especially if your building a heavier car. I run the web 218/219 cam which is a 1/2 1600 cam and have really good luck. It starts falling off about 5800 RPM but in the 11 you shouldnt be going much farther than that. Definately do the oil squirters and spend the money on your motor to do it right. My # is 760-601-0293 give me a call if you have any questions. I have a s/p 1600 torque motor in the works for RATR so we'll see how that goes.

Richard Sletten
IDB Racing Engines
11 Brothers Motorsports
Indio Dune Buggy
#1163 #563 #1211
(760)601-0293
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. Bill

More
6 years 9 months ago #16644 by dzrtdave
dzrtdave replied the topic: Re: Oil Squirters
IDB I understand what you are saying about needing the torque punch rather than the rev. I asked a question earlier about DNFs and Wins on the rev vs torque motors. Porboy said he didn't have any DNFs from engine failure but how many DNFs came from having to overdrive the car to keep it in the power band.

Again, I haven't raced Class 11 yet but I did race Jeepspeed for a few years and in a limited suspension / semi stock class vehicle failure rather than engine failure is an issue. I work up at a VW shop, Wolfgang Intl. up in Redding. I'm prepping a couple of cases right now for an 11 car in the works.

I know from my 25 years of just playing in my VW rails out in Ocotillo Wells the step between 2nd and 3rd on a stock geared trans is quite a bit, not to mention the additional weight on a full bodied car and a 4.12 r&p.

Just from looking at a gear ratio chart and graph it looks like shifting at 6k is about the right area. I know this is just book work and not seat time, just an observation.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds