Spam Bots help and notify (09 May 2018)

Notice of recent new slug of bot memberships beware and contact info

question on compression

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #18094 by DirtDgr
DirtDgr created the topic: question on compression
I was just asking some questions in the samba and this nice guy was really helpfull, but also had this to say:

SNORE Class 11 rules like all the other organizations, require stock flat top pistons

Quote:

Pistons must be stock 3 ring only.

and allow only "cleanup" of head sealing surfaces.

Quote:

Heads may be fly cut for clean up.

This does not allow compression ratio increase of more than a tenth or 2. Others may have as high or even higher compression ratios, if they do, they are violating Class rules. Keep in mind that if your compression ratio is higher than reasonable for the Class rules, that you may be protested or be found out of compliance in Post-Race Tech.

The Class rules have been set by Class competitors. So some of them at least, feel the compression ratio should be near stock.

I thought compression was open? WHats up?

www.facebook.com/meekracing1142/
Thank You Lakeport Tire, Rugged Radios, Baja Designs, Sunoco, Two Larry's Racing
www.facebook.com/meekracing1142
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by DirtDgr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #18096 by Weasel
Weasel replied the topic: Re: question on compression
SCORE and SNORE rules read compression is open. I guess as some have said my heads needed more clean up.

Arts Tec doesn't inspect VORRA. If you check the SNORE engines I would imagine about a 11to1 is average. Some higher,some lower.

I would be more concerned with illegal trans ratios.

More
5 years 10 months ago #18112 by michaelbrenner
michaelbrenner replied the topic: Re: question on compression
Compression is open.

2013 & 2017 SNORE Stock Bug Champs

More
5 years 9 months ago #18210 by EnseNADAslim
EnseNADAslim replied the topic: Re: question on compression
It seems there are a few ways to obtain the desired Comp Ratio. So far I've heard to take the meat off of the barrels vs. the case. But in achieving some high ratios the piston will go beyond the hight of the barrel, so,,,what needs to be done to the heads?
We are thinking of going with 11:1, the question is "Deck Hight"

More
5 years 9 months ago #18212 by michaelbrenner
michaelbrenner replied the topic: Re: question on compression
You can have the piston sticking out of the end of the barrel, just cut the head so the piston goes into the head!

2013 & 2017 SNORE Stock Bug Champs

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #18213 by DaveCo11
DaveCo11 replied the topic: Re: question on compression
Read the rule book, dont listen to some one on Samba or this tech inspector who obviously has ZERO knowledge of class 11 engines or rules concerning class 11. Compression has been open on class 11 engines for as long as I can remember which is about 30 years now or longer. It maters little that some think it should be stock because it says in black and white compression is OPEN, they have zero knowledge of the massive problems stock compression and stock engines had on class 11 when this class had to run stock engines. It nearly killed the class off in 1977 at the hight of the class when 80+ cars were normal and engines had to be removed and torn down after every race to check these things. A tech inspector worth his salt would know these things after 30+ years that this class has been run this way and not give completely false information on a website. I have raced this class since the very first race for class 11 and have been involved in all rule changes this class has ever had. Nothing pisses me off more than false information, all it does is cause problems and leads to confusion! It sure is convenient to leave the compression is open out of his response!
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by DaveCo11.

More
5 years 9 months ago #18214 by Weasel
Hey Dave,
Check you email and messages on Race-dezert under Harleys Dad. I lost your email thanks to the Geek Squad at BestBuy.
Or please send me a note a This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
Thanks,
Jeff

More
5 years 9 months ago #18215 by EnseNADAslim
I had this question asked of me today,,,OK, High Compression, let's say 11:1, and you are supposed to run "Pump Gas" the same sold to the general public--so says the score rule book. So, really? you can run pump gas running those high Comp Ratios?

More
5 years 9 months ago #18216 by Weasel
According to SCORE if you can get it from a Fuel supplier it is PUMP gas. If you make it yorself no....it is not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EnseNADAslim

More
5 years 9 months ago #18217 by Oldschool5er
Oldschool5er replied the topic: Re: question on compression
Well said Dave it was a PITA and I for one am happy to have a whole lot less restrictions in building this new 11 than it was in the seventy's

More
5 years 9 months ago #18218 by EnseNADAslim
Ahhhh, OK, so you can by your Jim Beam over the counter, but you can't be making your Moonshine,,,,got'ya.

More
5 years 9 months ago #18222 by ronjon
ronjon replied the topic: Re: question on compression
I can buy 110 octane pump gas at a station down the road. I can't imagine they sell much, but it's available.

2011 - VORRA Class Champions. 2012 - First loser.
http://www.desertdingo.com

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds