Spam Bots help and notify (09 May 2018)

Notice of recent new slug of bot memberships beware and contact info

"majic" air box legal or not ?

More
3 years 6 months ago #20126 by pvmini
pvmini created the topic: "majic" air box legal or not ?
I know a lot of 5-1600 guy's run the air box that connects to the intake manifold large vacuum tube right under the carb ---I know that Fat recommends it on their engines----what do you all say about it --legal !!! or not legal!!! Not mentioned in the rules= must be not legal? What do you say Dave?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #20128 by porboy
porboy replied the topic: "majic" air box legal or not ?

pvmini wrote: I know a lot of 5-1600 guy's run the air box that connects to the intake manifold large vacuum tube right under the carb ---I know that Fat recommends it on their engines----what do you all say about it --legal !!! or not legal!!! Not mentioned in the rules= must be not legal? What do you say Dave?

It mentions it in a round about way. If you look under Heads it says that you may weld a 1" x 1.5" long piece of 1/2 tube 2 inches below the carb flange. This is for the sole purpose of running the "boost Bottle". Some builders swear the boost bottle works others think it is useless.

<strong>Jason Gutzmer
#1130</strong>

More
3 years 6 months ago #20129 by pvmini
pvmini replied the topic: "majic" air box legal or not ?
Not much interest on this subject
The reason I'am asking is if I have a boost bottle on my car next week at BAP wil anyone DQ me for having it? Like a lot of other class 11 rules their just not real clear
I never thought "pump" gas could come from a hose in a barrel of race gas----no pump their!!! Oh well as long as we are all working off the same set of "modified" rules it all works out!

More
3 years 6 months ago #20130 by Gotdirty22
Gotdirty22 replied the topic: "majic" air box legal or not ?
Boost bottle :) thats why the rule book allows the manifold to have piece welded to it.

More
3 years 6 months ago #20134 by DaveCo11
DaveCo11 replied the topic: "majic" air box legal or not ?
You can run it if you like, My class 11 has never had 1 on it but both my FAT engines do. The way I look at that bottle is another thing that can go wrong. No one will convince me it is doing anything but going for a ride!

More
3 years 6 months ago #20135 by chip
chip replied the topic: "majic" air box legal or not ?
Boost bottle does absolutely nothing from what I have found after speding time on the dyno expirementing. They are effective in a 2 stroke reed valve motorcycle application. When riding along on a motorcycle and you let off the gas the reed valves close an air/fuel mixture will store in the boost bottle and when you grab a hand full of throttle, that charge is rushed into the engine for a bit of extra power. Not so in a 4 stroke from what I have found. FYI, if you insist on using one, the VW auto stick center section has a large factory nipple under the carb flange.

1189 + 2 = 1191

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds