Spam Bots help and notify (09 May 2018)

Notice of recent new slug of bot memberships beware and contact info

Motor Mods

More
10 years 9 months ago #5046 by DDRacing
DDRacing created the topic: Motor Mods
My understanding is we can not modify the motors they must be stock. Is this like dirt racing as long as it appears stock it is ok. What models do they consider to be ok and which ones are pushing the limits. Any advice would be very helpful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #5047 by DDRacing
DDRacing replied the topic: Re:Motor Mods
I meant which mods are ok.

More
10 years 9 months ago #5050 by DaveCo11
DaveCo11 replied the topic: Re:Motor Mods
you had better get the Score rule book and follow it. There are strickt guide lines that you have to follow. It spells out exactly what you can and cant do as far as the motor and the whole car is concerned. Dont rely on yourself to do what you think you can or modify what ever you want. It doesnt work that way!!--Dave-co

More
10 years 9 months ago #5054 by DDRacing
DDRacing replied the topic: Re:Motor Mods
I do understand that aspect of the rules. I am talking about the rules. I did not understand where some people are talking about swapping cams and some internals. It is no longer stock. Maybe I am misunderstanding the guide lines on motor modifications. I am leaving mine stock, but if I can change the cams and others I shall. I am already staying away from the dual carbs, although they sound better not sure the benefits of them or if they are legal. So thanks Dave Co for throwing out a good reply, but still I am not sure if the cams changes are legal that some have talked about in here. Now smile and dance like your happy.

More
10 years 9 months ago #5056 by MattMan
MattMan replied the topic: Re:Motor Mods
There are sooo many mods you can do to the motor, you really should pick up a rule book. Any cam can be used as long as stock rocker arms will fit, compression is open, etc. So you can see it's definitely not a stock motor as some cars are running 11:1 or 12:1 compression ratios.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds