Spam Bots help and notify (09 May 2018)

Notice of recent new slug of bot memberships beware and contact info

Airbox

More
9 years 3 months ago #9153 by fixxor
fixxor created the topic: Airbox
Anyone running an airbox/adapter box that goes on top of the carb? If so where would I get one. Pacific customs/Moore parts has on for the solex but on moore's site says it wont work on the 11's cause of a clearance issue. Any benefit to run one anyways? Or just leave the hose directly hooked up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #9156 by DaveCo11
DaveCo11 replied the topic: Re:Airbox
It depends on a couple of things, Yes, clearance is a issue, the class 11 air box has a slope built in to clear the deck lid. Another thing, the engine-trans mount can have a effect on weather it will clear or not. My new car has the motor-trans lowered, gives all kinds of room up top. So does my 67, the 77 I just built has a very large engine compartment which gives enough room to almost not need the slope on the air box. The Air box does give a performance gain, it has a built in Plenum that helps with performance, as does the larger 3-4 inch hose gives way better air flow.. If you go with the airbox, you will need elbows and 3\" aluminum tube and a aircleaner with the 3\" hose= money if you do not have any of it, I would not do it any other way Good luck
Last Edit: 9 years 3 months ago by DaveCo11.

More
9 years 3 months ago #9162 by fixxor
fixxor replied the topic: Re:Airbox
Went down to kartek today and they had one specifically for the 11 cars, had a slope to it so it would fit. It was UMP and of course PRICEY.

More
9 years 3 months ago #9165 by Weasel
Weasel replied the topic: Re:Airbox
We have the UMP, purchased direct from the manufacture, Unique Metal Products there in So. Cal for $115.00. not that much more that a China made EMPI square version. It seemed to give a little better performance than the 90 deg. elbow and three inch tubing we were using.

For a cheaper intake hose go to NAPA and ask to the Speed by Spectra catalog, mostly stuff for imports but they make a flexible intake hose that clicks into place. Very easy to route and about $30.00 Comes in colors to match as well!

Jeff

More
9 years 3 months ago #9168 by fixxor
fixxor replied the topic: Re:Airbox
I have that spectra flexible hose, wanted the airbox so I could just directly connect it to it without the hose. Thanks guys.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds