Spam Bots help and notify (09 May 2018)

Notice of recent new slug of bot memberships beware and contact info

Theft Offroad Race Car Insurance ?

More
4 years 2 months ago #19678 by M.E.A.D. Racing
M.E.A.D. Racing created the topic: Theft Offroad Race Car Insurance ?
Insurance Question,
Most replacement costs for a stock vw bug is only $5000 on a standard insurance plan.
I know because Kim just totaled our stock vw bug and it was a fight to get the right replacement costs.
I have been seeing a lot of trailers with offroad vehicles in them being stolen in craigslists with rewards.
Trailer Insurance only covers the trailer and house insurance covers the gear, nothing covers the race car.
Is there any type of insurance that can be purchased for theft on off road race cars,
Any Ideas?????

Chuck Mead
M.E.A.D. Racing

619-520-8970

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #21584 by L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf replied the topic: Theft Offroad Race Car Insurance ?

M.E.A.D. Racing wrote: Insurance Question,
Most replacement costs for a stock vw bug is only $5000 on a standard insurance plan.
I know because Kim just totaled our stock vw bug and it was a fight to get the right replacement costs.
I have been seeing a lot of trailers with offroad vehicles in them being stolen in craigslists with rewards.
Trailer Insurance only covers the trailer and house insurance covers the gear, nothing covers the race car.
Is there any type of insurance that can be purchased for theft on off road race cars,
Any Ideas?????

Yes, I have heard of insuring the car itself. It was back in the 90s when I was running SCCA and the company is/was called K & K. They insured races and vehicles. If they don't now they should know who.
I know this is an old topic but I just recently came back to the site.

Amonster Motorsports
Class 11 # 1196 - Sponsored by:
- www.356carburetorrescue.com/home.html
- BarnWerks Fabrication & Welding
- ArtSpeed Graphics

More
1 year 6 months ago #21589 by NWGuy
NWGuy replied the topic: Theft Offroad Race Car Insurance ?
If it is street legal and licensed, insure it for replacement value. Be prepared to show receipts for everything. I work on a lot of old classic cars. Here in washington there is a collector plate that is good on anything over 25 years old. Permanent registration...no tabs or yearly fees. Provided it is going to a show or parade or to the track. Haggerty's will do stated value policies. Easiest Insurance company I have ever worked with. They never quibble about the cost of the repair.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds