• Class 11 King
  • Class 11 King
  • Meine Ehre heißt Treue
More
6 years 4 months ago #16051 by bugged
bugged created the topic: Midnight
Whos racing the Midnight race

D.U.A.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #16052 by DaveCo11
DaveCo11 replied the topic: Re: Midnight
I am officially retired from class 11. I will help you thow

More
6 years 4 months ago #16053 by Squirly1776
Squirly1776 replied the topic: Re: Midnight

DaveCo11 wrote: I am officially retired from class 11.

Heard that before....... Racing Laughlin Rage at the River?

I'm racing the night race in the bosses class 1 car.
This poor fool is saving his car and dinero for the Ridgecrest race.

Jason Davis #1184
Jimenez Racing Engines
Worthings General Services
DMR Motorsports / Lone Kid Racing
Elite Manufcturing

More
6 years 4 months ago #16054 by DaveCo11
I have truly lost interest, going another direction. Will race rage, just not in 11, it is parked. good luck

More
6 years 4 months ago #16055 by Squirly1776
wow . . . . . . . . .

Jason Davis #1184
Jimenez Racing Engines
Elite Manufcturing

More
6 years 4 months ago #16056 by Weasel
Weasel replied the topic: Re: Midnight
Hey Dave,
You can park it at my house if we can use it from time to time!

More
6 years 4 months ago #16062 by ffdfrontman
ffdfrontman replied the topic: Re: Midnight

DaveCo11 wrote: I have truly lost interest, going another direction. Will race rage, just not in 11, it is parked. good luck

If you happen to want to sell, please let me know. Thanks for the good info all over this site Dave.

#1156 and #1157
MOOCH Racing & Peril Racing
Racing in partnership for the goals and awareness of Mt. of Olives Children's Village and Mission Network International.
#raceforthekids

More
6 years 4 months ago #16068 by Squirly1776
Primm short course style racing.

Looks like i can now race my car and the class one.

Hate this style race being more than once a year, but atleast i can race my car too.

Jason Davis #1184
Jimenez Racing Engines
Elite Manufcturing

More
6 years 3 months ago #16072 by Mr. Bill
Mr. Bill replied the topic: Re: Midnight

DaveCo11 wrote: I have truly lost interest, going another direction. good luck

X2...............:-((

"MR BILL" "OldManx"
DosPerrosMotorsports
Orange, CA.
'72 Class 11/Stock Bug

"......Out here on the perimeter there are no stars
Out here we is stoned - immaculate. ....."

www.facebook.com/groups/DosPerrosMotorsports/
www.alrchapter132.org
www.DAV.org

More
6 years 3 months ago #16077 by michaelbrenner
michaelbrenner replied the topic: Re: Midnight
Hey there ladies, We will be there. Looks like a hot weekend out in the Northern Vegas area.....

2013 SNORE Stock Bug Champs

More
6 years 3 months ago #16102 by Sqrly1776
Sqrly1776 replied the topic: Re: Midnight
A quick recap of what was a quick race weekend for me and my good buddy Cody Rash.

I started the weekend with a few hours of Cody testing and suspension set-up in Barstow thursday afternoon. The car has finally been made driveable and doesn't buck wildly and my shocks are finally able to do their job, torsion bars are not my cup of tea.
Friday tech was madness and the boys in the car with the windows up were the only dry ones there. The pre-run lap I drove at almost full race speed with cody beside me and got a few words of wisdom to make the car last, "the transmission is not a brake".
I raced friday evening and had a great time. The car handled great through the rough and off the jumps, the motor was strong through the sand and silt and the tranny was smooth. It was so fun to race with the other 5 cars out there. After finishing my second lap I thought I had a fender flopping and it just got louder and louder. I finally lost my brakes and needed to stop in and have the boys in the pit check it out. Turns out my fenders were tight and the noise was the whole rear cage broken behind the shock mounts. Oh well on to class 1 racing - we'll fix it tomorrow.
Saturday morning and I'm walking around the pits with $100 bills looking for tubing to add some x bracing to stop the flex. No tubing to be had in primm, 1121's crew offered to cut a tube off their trailer, not sure how serious they were but I declined. A few phone calls later and TJ Flores from LVDC brought me some tubing out from his shop in vegas. After some creative patch work from the Wicked Creations boys we were ready to race again.
Cody took the green flag and really showed me what my car could do. Not sure how we got through the first few miles but it sure was fun. Second lap we high centered it after loosing brakes and the SNORE volunteers were on top of their game and had us out in no time. After the dike jump we got a flat and tried to see how far we could go as I decided to not run a spare or tools this race. We got stopped at S/F for no amber light due to some damaged wiring from the cage damage on friday. We pulled through S/F and up into the parking lot where our crew got us patched up. We headed out and a few short miles later we sheared the cv bolts on the opposite side of where we had the flat, we were done. Again SNOREs recovery volunteers were right on it and had us out of harms way in minutes.

I've never had so much fun racing and coming home with every car we took out broken. I guess i'm still working out the new car bugs. I had a great time talking with both Robert Johnson and Michael Brenner, you guys sportsmanship and willingness to help is awesome.
Gotta thank Cody Rash for the help and support this weekend, Worthings General Services, Jimenez Racing Engines, JG Transwerks, Joel from Bilstein Shocks, Mike at Wicked Creations and all the L/K crew out there this weekend for all the help.

See you all at Ridgecrest in a few months

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #16103 by michaelbrenner
1179 had a great weekend and a lot of fun. Random facts from my perspective:

Show up to Primm at 1pm on Friday, register the rooms and the car quick, tech goes pretty quick without a hitch. I realize I need to stop drinking beer at about 4pm.... Get the car dried out and realize it's gonna be a sloshy course, cut up some towels in gallon sized ziplock bags (excellent idea). I hope my new pistons don't burn down and the carb tuning works good this time, last race was a heart-breaker, and expensive too! Pre run looks cool, it's hot and humid, reminds me of the south. Start the race and never look back being the first off the line. Win on Friday night with an honest pace and not many driving mistakes, I know this course real well and love the dike jump. Lights get covered with mud as does myself, lights are dim but no time to stop, keep racing to the end. End day 1 with a lead I think I can manage tomorrow. 4 laps instead of 5???? Motor runs cool and very strong as usual, jetting must be about right...cool!

Saturday it's just as hot and I'm feeling hung over as usual in Primm. I think that's the standard operating procedure for me in Primm. Start 5th knowing Richard (3rd in time and starting order) will be running hard and I know I can't let him get away. I hear from Kyle Conlon the race is sloppy on the first section after last night's unlimited race, which I was not surprised by. No biggie, our motor and car works fine in soft stuff, we got the cam and carb matched a few races ago. I pass 1st and 2nd off the line as they get pseudo stuck around mile 1 of the first lap. As I pass Eric he is roosting in reverse through soft dusty dirt! I chase down 4th off the line and can see Tommy around 20-40 seconds ahead of me for the next 4 laps. We are matching each other and I had 2:50 to give. I'm only losing this race by around 30 seconds corrected so I have a nice buffer and don't want to hurt the car nor let him get too far away. We finish the 4th lap expecting a checkered flag and they send us out again!?! WTF I think, I wasn't planning to run too hard for this long and took the light bar off expecting to finish in the dusk. We have crappy lights that keep shorting out. I hit a big hole really hard with no lights and break a tie rod end. We get credit for completing 4 laps under the time limit and second for the day. Tommy completes his fifth lap and wins the weekend. I ponder the tierod and how it keeps ending my day and a win I should have been able to secure. We fix the car on the course in 10 minutes! I get sad, pissed, drunk, happy and sleepy in that order. I win a lot of money at the craps table with my family and friends with Robert and his guys. They want to remember my name not due to racing but due to my awesome heater at the table. I get back to the room at 3am and start to get into my bed, Cameron Butcher calls me and asks me to guess how they did, I say they must have got the O/A since they are bad ass and he says yep, 'Open bar dude!' I go have more cocktails, see Richard and shake his hand. I hang with the O/A winners for awhile and enjoy a good weekend and that my good buddies have dominated so much this year. 5am comes quickly.... It was a great weekend!

Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by michaelbrenner.

• bugged
  • bugged's Avatar Topic Author
  • Class 11 King
  • Class 11 King
  • Meine Ehre heißt Treue
More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #16105 by bugged
bugged replied the topic: Re: Midnight
Started second behind Mike, watched as he pulled away (damn single port) then the windshield washer quit and we encountered mud. Pulled off teh course after almost rolling it in a corner and kicked the windshield out, started out again, flat tire. Made it to the pits changed tire, finished fourth. Eric started second had a few problems, hot wire to the Coil ripped off and thats how it goes for us, we'll be back at the SNORE 250 with a few surprises and alot of heart. I wana thank BFG TIRE'S, Light Force Performance Lighting, Pertronix Ignitions,Scott the Man at MetalCraft Transaxles and my Pit Crew for putting up with my Robby Gordon style Rantings!!!! I enjoyed talking with my felow 11 racers and the Brenners can throw the dice for me anytime

D.U.A.
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by bugged.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #16106 by DaveCo11
Mike Mike Mike I have seen you thunder giant holes in clear daylight, class 11 cars dont dig that kind of thing........as you found out. Bummer, should have been a walk in the park Saturday
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by DaveCo11.

More
6 years 3 months ago #16107 by slim76
slim76 replied the topic: Re: Midnight
totally bitchen recap michael brenner. I think that all of us in the 11 family love to hear about the money, booze, frustration and breaks that we all encounter and suffer racing these finely tuned machines. I was also wondering if that hurt when you mobbed that jump in the code video? GD that looked gnarly!

ba da ding ding ding ding whoa! ooh damn.

More
6 years 3 months ago #16108 by slim76
slim76 replied the topic: Re: Midnight
also enjoyed sqrly1776 recap. I think everybody that races 11 whether it be driver or co driver should post their experiences. I love reading all the stories! there is a lot of fast guys on this forum and the rest of us wanna hear bout it!

ba da ding ding ding ding whoa! ooh damn.

More
6 years 3 months ago #16111 by michaelbrenner

slim76 wrote: totally bitchen recap michael brenner. I think that all of us in the 11 family love to hear about the money, booze, frustration and breaks that we all encounter and suffer racing these finely tuned machines. I was also wondering if that hurt when you mobbed that jump in the code video? GD that looked gnarly!

It never hurts me, it's the car that wusses out. Yes Dave, I should know better by now and I was trying to behave but without lights it's no bueno. I should have slowed down more and tried to just give away a minute that lap....

I'm pretty sure the first lap on Saturday was big on the Dike jump. That may be a good pic and I'm hoping Art Eugenio got it for me. He said he did at the tree bar on Saturday night.

We are going to take some weight off the front end for next race.

More
6 years 3 months ago #16112 by DaveCo11
just chock it up to experience Mike, nobody has hit things as hard as I have in my early days racing class 11,its taken my old age to slow down and pace. Go to the next one and shake it off,

• bugged
  • Class 11 King
  • Class 11 King
  • Meine Ehre heißt Treue
More
6 years 3 months ago #16116 by bugged
i wana see your new project race the laughlin Dave

D.U.A.

More
6 years 3 months ago #16123 by DaveCo11
trying to keep me out of 11 Robert, very big chance it will be the car I take....unless I can run both!!!!

• bugged
  • Class 11 King
  • Class 11 King
  • Meine Ehre heißt Treue
More
6 years 3 months ago #16127 by bugged
no, id like to see you race the 11, just excited to see what your project is gona be. Lil ol school know how to show the newer thinking what it used to be like....

D.U.A.

More
6 years 3 months ago #16132 by DaveCo11
just joshing with ya Robert. it is coming along and certainly will not have to carry much! about 1500 lbs ready like my last one was!

More
6 years 3 months ago #16147 by TROPHYSEDAN
TROPHYSEDAN replied the topic: Re: Midnight
I would like to Congrats Dave Cote on winning the MidNight Specail.. in a car he never drove before, and Fast lap. TOMMY who the hell is TOMMY. Dave drove the first night and Richard drove the second night.

11 Brothers Motorsports,
ODYSSEY Batterys, West Coast Batteries,

More
6 years 3 months ago #16148 by DaveCo11
Congrats Dave and Richard, good job!

More
6 years 3 months ago #16171 by michaelbrenner

TROPHYSEDAN wrote: I would like to Congrats Dave Cote on winning the MidNight Specail.. in a car he never drove before, and Fast lap. TOMMY who the hell is TOMMY. Dave drove the first night and Richard drove the second night.

Corrected Tommy = Richard. Sorry Richard....

Dave, what is your new project?

Time to create page: 0.324 seconds